The legend of Thor (and his heavenly friends) has been used as a plot in a couple of movies, books and games. Microgaming first used this Norse mythology theme in 2004 when they released the popular Thunderstruck slot. Due to popular demand (in 2010), they released a sequel of this game, now Thunderstruck 2. Its predecessor, Thunderstruck is still turning heads more than a decade after its release. Thunderstruck 2 is an improved version and as such, you should expect advanced graphics, swift gameplay and more features.
This game sports five reels and 243 ways to win. Your reels are graced with a couple of Nordic gods including Thor, Valkyrie, Odin and Loki. There are more theme related symbols including Thor’s Hammer, Ship, Thor’s Home, and this game’s logo. To complement these, Microgaming has incorporated generic playing card symbols.
Thunderstruck 2 Free Slot Machine Review
- This game offers you a swift game play so take care with this as you can lose your shirt in seconds. Seeing that it is a sequel to an already popular game, its graphics are awe-inspiring and its theme is detailed. It has a friendly interface which makes it easy for all punters to place a bet and spin. Granted, this game does not require you to mess with paylines since that it runs on 243 ways to win platform.
- All you need to do is set coin denominations (between 0.01 and 0.05), set number of coins to wager on (between 1 and 10 coins) and hit spin. You can place a maximum bet of 15 coins. To place max bet, click Max Bet button.
- Below your gaming control panel is an “Options” button from where you do sound settings.
Pay Tables Explained
- A well-weighted paytable is one among many factors that make a casino slot shine. This game does not disappoint. Payouts are triggered when you land three or more symbols of a kind left to right on adjacent reels. Logo symbol pays highest at 1000 coins for every five of a kind.
- This is followed by Nordic god symbols Thor, Odin, Loki and Valkyrie which offer 500 coins, 450 coins, 400 coins and 350 coins respectively for every five of kind. Thor’s Home, Ship and Hammer pay lowest among theme related symbols at 300 coins, 250 coins and 200 coins respectively for every five of a kind.
- Generic playing card symbols tail in payouts with Ace and K paying highest at up to 150 coins and 9 and 10 payiing lowest at up to 100 coins.
Best Bonus Features
- Thunderstruck 2 slot machine is feature rich. First off, Logo icon is wild and substitutes other symbols, except Hammer bonus symbol, to create winning combos. Second, there is a random Wildstorm Feature that strikes and turns up to 5 reels wild.
- The cream of bonus rounds is experienced when you spin three, four or five bonus (Hammer) symbols anywhere on your reels. This will award you 1 of 4 free games options (Great Hall of Spins). From the first trigger of free spins, you will be awarded Valkyrie Bonus 10 free games whose wins are accompanied by x5 multiplier. This can be re-triggered. Triggering bonus feature for the fifth time triggers Loki 15 free games. During this feature, a Wild Magic symbol appears and turns more symbols into wilds to up your chances of hitting winning combos.
- Odin Bonus is awarded from 10th trigger of free spins. During this bonus, you are awarded 20 free games with up to x6 multiplier.
- Finally, Thor Bonus is awarded from 15th trigger of free games and it awards 25 free spins with up to x5 multipliers.
Better than the Original?
Thunderstruck 2 speaks for itself but it is not as good as the original in our view. But it is a game still worth a play. While playing 243 ways, you have a chance to walk home with a jackpot of up to 2.4 million coins. So, get playing. You never known when odds are going to go your way 🙂